CICD using code pipeline
- Create repository in codecommit-AWS (AWS-repo)
- Push below code from local machine to codecommit::
- Install_dependencies script would be like below
- Start_server script would be like below
- Stop_server script would be like below
- appsec.yml file would be like below
- Create EC2 instance to deploy application:
- Create IAM role to attach EC2
- Install Apache and AWS-CLI
- Install Codedeploy agent using following steps:
- yum update
- yum install ruby
- yum install wget
- cd /home/home
- wget https://bucket-name.s3.amazonaws.com/latest/install
- chmod +x ./install
- ./install auto
- bucket-name represents one of the following:
- aws-codedeploy-us-east-2 for instances in the US East (Ohio) region
- aws-codedeploy-us-east-1 for instances in the US East (N. Virginia) region
- aws-codedeploy-us-west-1 for instances in the US West (N. California) region
- aws-codedeploy-us-west-2 for instances in the US West (Oregon) region
- aws-codedeploy-ca-central-1 for instances in the Canada (Central) region
- aws-codedeploy-eu-west-1 for instances in the EU (Ireland) region
- aws-codedeploy-eu-west-2 for instances in the EU (London) region
- aws-codedeploy-eu-central-1 for instances in the EU (Frankfurt) region
- aws-codedeploy-ap-northeast-1 for instances in the Asia Pacific (Tokyo) region
- aws-codedeploy-ap-northeast-2 for instances in the Asia Pacific (Seoul) region
- aws-codedeploy-ap-southeast-1 for instances in the Asia Pacific (Singapore) region
- aws-codedeploy-ap-southeast-2 for instances in the Asia Pacific (Sydney) region
- aws-codedeploy-ap-south-1 for instances in the Asia Pacific (Mumbai) region
- aws-codedeploy-sa-east-1 for instances in the South America (São Paulo) region
- aws-codedeploy-cn-north-1 for instances in the China (Beijing) region
Go to CodeDeploy console and follow as below.
- Create New Application
- Write Application name and Deployment group name
- Select deployment type
- Add instance
- Select deployment configuration
- Select Service role ARN for codedeploy service by following below steps
- Create new role.
- On the Select role type page, with AWS Service Role selected, next to AWS CodeDeploy, choose Select.
- On the Attach Policy page, select the box next to the AWSCodeDeployRole policy, and then choose Next Step.
- give the service role a name
- Choose Create role.
- Select role ARN
- Select role ARN into codedeploy console
- Click on Create Application.
- Go to Code-Pipeline console
- Name the pipeline and click on next step
- Select the source as per your repository location.In this demo we have selected codecommit
- Select repository name and branch name and click on next step
- For build option select no build because we are not building the code right now
- In deploy option select the deploy option from given options
- I have used CodeDeploy for Deploy so select created Deployment group name and Application name and click on next step.
- Create service role and attach to the pipeline
- Review the configurations and create the pipeline.
- You will see like below
- The source and staging will be in progress like below
- If codedeploy on Application server is happen successfully you will get below console
Your index.html file is like below un version 1
Now update the code through Codecommit::
So deployment will start automatically through codepipeline as below
You will get updated deployment as below
I hope you like this blog.