- You can launch a VPS that runs Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2016 Express and be up and running in minutes. You can use your VPS to build, test, and deploy .NET or Windows applications without having to set up or run any infrastructure. Backups, DNS management, and operational metrics are all accessible with a click or two.
- Servers are available in five sizes, with 512 MB to 8 GB of RAM, 1 or 2 vCPUs, and up to 80 GB of SSD storage. Prices (including software licenses) start at $10 per month:
- You can try out a 512 MB server for one month (up to 750 hours) at no charge.
- Launching a Windows VPS:
To launch a Windows VPS, log in to Lightsail , click on Create instance, and select the Microsoft Windows platform. Then click on Apps + OS if you want to run SQL Server 2016 Express, or OS Only if Windows is all you need:
- If you want to use a Powershell script to customize your instance after it launches for the first time, click on Add launch script and enter the script:
- Choose your instance plan, enter a name for your instance(s), and select the quantity to be launched, then click on Create:
- Your instance will be up and running within a minute or so:
- Click on the instance, and then click on Connect using RDP:
- This will connect using a built-in, browser-based RDP client (you can also use the IP address and the credentials with another client):
- This feature is available today in the US East (Northern Virginia), US East (Ohio), US West (Oregon), EU (London), EU (Ireland), EU (Frankfurt), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Mumbai), Asia Pacific (Sydney), and Asia Pacific (Tokyo) Regions.
For Basic Introduction of LightSail please refer our blog in the link.